Experience total skin rejuvenation without the downtime with Halo.
Halo by Sciton is the world’s first and only hybrid fractional laser. This exciting new laser technology combines the benefits of non-ablative and ablative wavelengths to treat different signs of aging. It delivers precise results with a much easier and quicker healing experience than any other laser on the market today. The dual wavelengths unique to the Halo laser allow us to completely customize each patient’s treatment based on their skin’s unique needs and the desired downtime. Halo gives you the results you want without the downtime you expect.
Halo’s one-of-a-kind approach is more effective than the non-ablative method, which can take up to eight treatments for noticeable results, and it’s less invasive than the ablative method which requires more post-treatment downtime.
Benefits of Halo:
IT REMOVES FINE LINES AND WRINKLES.
The Halo hybrid fractional laser uses a combination of wavelengths to repair the visible signs of aging, sun damage, discoloration, enlarged pores, and uneven skin tone. Halo is intended to rejuvenate the skin with minimal downtime.
YOU'LL HAVE LITTLE TO NO DOWNTIME.
The Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser focuses energy on the deeper collagen layer of skin leaving the surface of your skin largely intact for a quicker healing time. It delivers the results of an ablative procedure with little-to-no downtime, like a non-ablative treatment. The best of both worlds!
GET READY TO RELEASE YOUR INNER GLOW.
Halo eliminates years of damage by precisely targeting the right depth. Halo restores the luminous glow you had when you were younger.
- Newest fractional resurfacing technology available
- Laser of choice for skin rejuvenation when recovery time is limited
- Effective correction at deep and superficial levels (Combines benefits of deep nonablative pulse immediately followed by more superficial ablative pulse delivered through the same column in the skin)
- Reduced healing time compared to ablative fractional laser alone (average of 5 days). Mild oozing for 1-2 days and then mild redness, scabbing, and peeling.
- Low complication risk (scarring, pigment alteration, prolonged redness)
- Requires series of treatments (average of 3 treatments, usually 1 month apart)
What is the procedure used for?
- Halo is best suited for patients who want to achieve the results of an ablative fractional laser but cannot afford the downtime associated with the standard non-hybrid ablative lasers. Halo combines benefits of non-ablative and ablative laser technologies leading to improvement in fine lines/wrinkles, pigment, pores, and irregular texture with a relatively easy recovery. Patients report that their skin seems to “glow” after treatment. Areas often treated include the face, neck, and chest.
What changes can I expect right after treatment?
- Redness, mild swelling, mild crusting
When will I be completely healed?
- Average of 5 days to resolve any mild peeling and crusting
How many treatments are recommended? How far apart?
- 3-4 Treatments, 1 month apart
How painful is treatment?
- Pain: 5-6/10. Pain usually subsides quickly within a few hours. Most patients elect for oral pain medicine and anxiolytic (Ativan) taken one hour before treatment, making it well- tolerated; but you must have a driver to take you home. Anesthetic nerve blocks are sometimes administered by your doctor first to sensitive areas such as around the mouth (dental block).
How long does the treatment last?
- 1 to 1.5 hours
When can I expect to see the full results?
- 2-3 months after final treatment; many patients note significant improvement after 1 treatment.