Check out my mini DIY MATCHA GREEN TEA FACE MASK with raw cacao featured in @mindbodygreen awhile back!
You'll LOVE IT!!
So we all know about the wonderful benefits of green tea—
It has tons of polyphenols that provide protection from UV rays and have potent anti-inflammatory effects.
More recently, polyphenols in green tea have been shown to decrease sebum production and this decreases the development of acne.
What about Theobroma Cacao (or cacao)? Love my cacao!!! Talk about some amazing superfood! Filled with Flavonoids + Polyphenols that do wonders for your body, mind & SKIN!
I like to create own organic skin care products and I know that SO DO many of you! --> I hope you enjoy!
Try it out & Share your thoughts! @vindhyaveerulaMD
DIY Matcha Green Tea Mask
Fun fact: Essentially you only need matcha green tea, but I added some extra boosts. Organic ingredients preferred.
- Matcha green tea
- Drop of essential oils (I used lavender and lemongrass)
- Rose water (from tea bag)
- Fresh coconut water (can use regular water)
- Cacao powder (also packed with polyphenols)
- Turmeric powder (anti-inflammatory effects are potent)
- Mix in a bowl until you reach the desire consistency. (Must be thick enough to apply.)
- Apply on your face and neck. Let sit for 20 minutes.
NOW COMES THE FUN PART!
- Play soothing music, meditate, etc. Relax and let the rejuvenating effects take place! (Cucumbers over your eyes are good touch.)
- Gently rinse your skin with a warm towel. (Don't rub.)
- Apply a moisturizer. (I used a resveratrol serum, and Vitamin C + Vitamin E are also good choices.)
And voila! Fresh, healthy clear beautiful skin!!
Repeat at least once a week.
Share this with anyone you think would love it!
Tag me on Facebook or Instagram with your mask on!
Let's get glowing!
With Love, Dr. V