- 100% of the targeted area from the surface layer down is treated
- Most effective laser resurfacing for moderate to deep etched in lines (e.g. “smoker’s lines”, crow’s feet) and lower eyelid wrinkles
- Excellent results with much shorter duration of redness and much lower risk of pigment alteration compared to older CO2 fully ablative laser devices
- Swelling, oozing, crusting, redness for up to 2 weeks and then pink color for up to several weeks
- Low complication risk (scarring, pigment alteration), but pink color lasts longer than fractional treatments
- Optimal treatments usually seen after one treatment, sometimes two
What is the procedure used for?
This is the most aggressive and effective resurfacing offered for moderate to severe wrinkles and texture changes and acne scarring on the face. Especially effective for lines around the eyes and the vertical lines on the upper and lower lips.
What changes can I expect right after treatment?
- Swelling, crusting, oozing, discomfort for 4-5 days
- Redness, peeling, mild crusting for 8-12 days
- Residual pink color changes up to 3-4 months that can be covered by makeup once crusting has resolved. When will I be completely healed?
At 2 weeks makeup can be applied to cover any residual redness. Social engagements not recommended for at least 14 days after treatment.
How many treatments are recommended? How far apart?
1-2 treatments depending on severity of surface wrinkles and texture, spaced 3-4 months apart.
How painful is treatment?
Pain 8/10. Most patients elect for oral pain medicine and anxiolytic (Ativan) taken one hour before treatment – this makes the treatment comfortable for most patients; but you must have a driver to take you home. Nerve blocks are often administered by your doctor to sensitive areas such as around the mouth.
How long does the treatment take?
Expect to be in the office for around 2 hours, but the actual treatment time averages 1 hour for a full face treatment, and shorter if only focal areas are treated like around the mouth.
When can I expect to see the full results?
The full result of collagen building and wrinkle reduction takes 3-4 months.
What is the cost?
Full face is $3500 per treatment; and less for smaller focal areas.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY LASER TREATMENT?
Please avoid Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Fish Oil and other blood thinning medication/supplements for 2 weeks prior to procedure to decrease any possible bleeding and bruising. Please discontinue the use of retinol products 24 hours prior to procedure.
Please refrain from tobacco products and alcohol for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks following the procedure. Along with delayed healing, persistent skin redness and other complications may persist when tobacco and alcohol are not discontinued.
Since your skin is the first barrier to infection, you will be prescribed an antibiotic to start the day before your procedure. Though infections are uncommon following this procedure, it is important to take the antibiotics as directed until the bottle is empty.
An antiviral medication will be prescribed to start 1 day prior to the procedure to prevent the occurrence of cold sores. This procedure does have a 5 – 14 day downtime (recovery) depending on the depth of the treatment. Be sure to schedule plans accordingly.