Dr. V and her staff understand that sometimes it’s necessary to postpone or cancel an appointment or treatment at our Integrative Dermatology & Laser Spa. Please review our guidelines for such situations, and be sure to notify us as soon as possible if you have a change of plans that necessitates a rescheduling or cancellation. Once services are rendered or products sold, there are* no refunds*. Surgery and non-surgical procedures come with no warranty (guaranteed or implied) of any certain result. Perceived lack of improvement in one’s condition does not translate into any type of refund.
UPDATED OFFICE POLICY
In order to ensure the safety of our patients & staff we are implementing the following:
- We now offer VIRTUAL / TELE HEALTH VISITS for Cosmetic Consults & Dermatology Concerns!
- If you have Medicare, above 60 years of age or have a compromised immune system, we encourage you to use this service!
- Current insurance procedures are changing as we are in the middle of a pandemic. We recommend checking with your insurance to find out what coverage your plan provides.
- We also offer convenient self-pay pricing for any virtual/tele visit.
- We will use picture messaging and video messaging as needed, and are able to triage patients that truly need to come in for an in-person visit.
Scheduling & Financial Policy — Effective January 1st 2019.
I understand the following policies set forth at Integrative Dermatology:
- Time based appointments. Appointments are scheduled based on time. These start at 10 minute visits, available for follow up patients only, and increase in 10 minute increments. You may refer to the “Pricing” section of our website which explains how to schedule, or call for staff guidance on how to schedule the most appropriate amount of time to address your concerns.
- Time requirements. A minimum of 11-20 minute appointments are required for skin biopsies. A 21-30 minute appointment is required for complete, comprehensive skin exams.
- Extending your appointment. If your appointment needs are beyond the scheduled amount of time, we will happily extend your appointment if time allows and you will be charged for the next highest time slot. We will, however, never cut into another patient’s appointment and will always strive to run on time in the interest of valuing all patient’s time.
- Tracking time. We will keep track of your appointment time and advise when that time is complete.
- Tardiness. Patients arriving late to their appointment will be seen for the remainder of their appointment time but will be financially responsible for the entire appointment.
- No-show and cancellations. Appointments missed or rescheduled without 24-hour notice will result in a $100 charge. One exception to this is an emergency and these are determined on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our office.
- Online scheduling. If you would like to request an appointment online you can do so on our website homepage.
- Scheduling Fee. Cosmetic consults with Dr. V and Sasha, LE require a $100 deposit to reserve your appointment. All of this amount goes towards any products or treatments you and your provider decide on.
- Insurance Free Practice Model. Integrative Dermatology is a direct care practice, meaning we do not participate with any private or government healthcare agency. Patients pay Integrative Dermatology directly for the care they receive.
- Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Supplements and Tricare. We do not participate in any government healthcare program. You may not submit claims to Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare or any of its supplements for services provided at Integrative Dermatology. Medicaid, Medicare and other government insurance programs will still cover any medications or testing prescribed by Dr. Veerula as per your policy.
- Private Contract. All patients seen at Integrative Dermatology must engage in a private contract before services can be rendered. This contract states that Integrative Dermatology does not make any representations that any fees paid to Integrative Dermatology are covered by your health insurance or other third party payment plans that apply to you. Dr. Veerula has opted out of Medicare and does not participate with Medicaid, and as a result, these agencies cannot be billed for any services performed for you by Dr. Veerula at Integrative Dermatology. You agree not to bill or attempt reimbursement from Medicaid, Medicare or any government insurance for any such services.
- Payment. Payment in full is required before any services are rendered. Cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted forms of payment. A credit card on file is required to book some appointments, but is not charged unless there is a violation of our cancellation policy. In some instances, a deposit must be collected to reserve your appointment. You will be notified beforehand if this is the case.
- HSA/FSA. Health spending (HSA) and flex spending (FSA) accounts are accepted for all medically necessary services.
- General Dermatology Fee Schedule. A fee schedule is posted on the website and available at the office upon request. Fees are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Cosmetic Fee Schedule. Cosmetic services are billed under a separate fee schedule. As always, payment is due at the time of service. However, some planned, larger procedures may be charged before services are rendered. We will not charge your card without first discussing your charges with you.
- Pathology Fee. Prices exclude pathology cost. We have negotiated discounted fees for pathology, approximately 70$/specimen, with preferred labs or you may choose to get pathology billed through your insurance.
- Other Fees. Occasionally, there may be an additional fee for staff time, administrative work, or other extra tasks that are done on your behalf. We will inform you BEFOREHAND if extra fees are involved. These include medical coding fees (5$ per request) and prior authorization work for prescriptions (25$).
- Changes to Fees. Fees are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Insurance Reimbursement. For privately insured patients, upon request, we can provide the necessary information for you to file a claim with your insurance company (there is a small charge to cover the physician’s time). However, we cannot guarantee that your insurance company will reimburse you. All questions regarding your insurance coverage and reimbursement should be directed toward your insurance company or benefits manager.
- No-show and Cancellation Fee. In the interest of valuing everyone’s time, we require a 24- hour notice for cancellation. Kindly follow the instructions for cancellations for our online scheduling system or call us to cancel/reschedule as necessary. Missed visits without 24-hour notice will result in a charge of $60.00 fee. At the time of scheduling some select appointments, we will require a credit card to be on file via our secure US Pay or other credit card processing company. You will be notified at the time of booking if your appointment requires a credit card on file. The credit card required for booking will NOT be charged unless there is a no-show or cancellation in less than 24 hours. Your office visit fee will be charged upon arrival at your appointment at Integrative Dermatology. Exceptions to the cancellation policy are made for emergencies and decided on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of Integrative Dermatology.