Ahhh! Spider veins are a nuisance, aren't they?! I'm on my feet most of the day (unless of course, I'm on my hands, jk!). If I sit, I prefer to sit on the floor
I don't know about you, but I'm already getting some of these. If you’re sick of these, READ ON!! In this article, I’ll go through some of my fav go-to’s for preventing spider veins and larger varicose veins!
Definitely Watch The Video Below!
HOWEVER —> if you already have them, COME ON IN! (Or visit your friendly dermatologist!!) for SCLEROTHERAPY, the preferred treatment! Laser can also be done on smaller spider veins as well.
What is sclerotherapy? It’s the injection of an agent into the superficial veins, that dissolves the blood vessel wall. There are different types of sclerosants,…one of my go-to’s is basically sodium + chloride in a higher concentration (aka hypertonic saline). There are several other options as well.
TIPS TO PREVENT!! As you all know, I’m BIG on prevention!
Watch The Video Above To Learn A Few Pearls!
- First off, I absolutely Love compression pants! 2 of my personal fav's are 2xu & CW-x. Compression stockings are amazing - I personally love 2XU or CXW’s athletic wear —> These are definitely one of my GO-TO’s clothing pieces I wear (almost daily). Get yourself one, two, or FIVE of them! Your legs will thank you!!!
- INVERSIONS! I love inversions, for MULTIPLE reasons. From easier variations (aka LEGS UP THE WALL), or to shoulder stand, headstand, handstand, etc....getting your legs above the level of your heart will FLUSH your lymphatics and your legs. It has a rejuvenating effect on your mind & body, and is amazing to do after a long day...or just before bedtime!
- Nutriceuticals: Keep in mind that anything that stimulates digestion, and breakdown of an organic substance in the body, facilitating movement, and excretion is key. All of the following are AMAZING! Omega 3s! - Curcumin (turmeric)- Burdock root- Digestive Enzymes- Milk Thistle- Nettle Leaf- Herbs & Spices (—> cinnamon, ginger, garlic, etc) Green Leafy Veggies!- Cruciferous Vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, Brussel sprouts - Nuts & Seeds (chia, flax, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- Dry Brushing: This is also an incredible way to stimulate your lymphatics. Remember to use small circular motions towards your heart!
- Yoga/Movement - again, inversions come to mind, but any type of twisting and mindful movement will stimulate your circulation and digestion!
- Massage & Foam Rolling (Self-Myofascial Release) - JUST DO IT. You can thank me later :)
- Hydration! Make sure to drink plenty of fluids --> WATER is preferred.
- Essential Oils?! - YES ---> certain ones, such as myrtle, lemon, & oregano can be used.
- Epsom salt baths - This is one of my favorites!!
- Sauna therapy — especially Infrared!
Share this with your family and friends!
Tag me on Facebook or Instagram!
Let's get glowing!